FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 17, 2013
For more information contact:
Director of Public Relations
Salvation Army Serves More than 10,000 Meals, Drinks, Nutritional Items in relief of Colorado Flooding
As of Sunday, September 15, Salvation Army emergency disaster services personnel had provided first responders and evacuees of the Colorado floods with more than 10,000 meals, drinks and nutritional items in just 72 hours.
The Omaha Salvation Army is on standby for manpower and equipment. The Salvation Army is currently providing disaster relief at the following locations.
• Salvation Army teams provided more than 2,000 meals, drinks and nutritional items to first responders and law enforcement at the Boulder County Incident Command Post and continue to provide support today.
• Personnel continue to provide support to evacuees at the Mapleton YMCA where Boulder County first requested The Salvation Army to provide assistance early Thursday morning.
• Salvation Army teams distributed more than 36,000 bottles of water generously provided by corporate partner King Soopers.
• The Salvation Army will continue to serve meals at Timberline Church. The shelter will remain available long-term over the next 30-90 days. Salvation Army personnel have served more 2,130 meals, drinks and nutritional items to evacuees at this location since it opened Friday.
• The Salvation Army's Casper emergency disaster services team deployed to St. Vrain Memorial Building shelter and served more than 3,000 meals, drinks and nutiritional items to evacuees yesterday.
• The Salvation Army continues to provide support to the Jefferson County Incident Command Post.
• Yesterday, Salvation Army personnel provided over 1,500 meals, drinks and nutritional items to first responders, bridge & road crews and law enforcement at this location.
How to Help:
Monetary donations are needed to help The Salvation Army help those affected during the days of storm ahead and during long-term recovery. The Salvation Army uses 100% of your disaster donations in support of local disaster relief operations.
To give, visit www.imsalvationarmy.org or call 1-800-SAL-ARMY (1-800-725-2769) and designate "Colorado Floods." You may also text GIVEHOPEIM to 80888 to donate $10 to The Salvation Army.* Donations by mail may be designated "Colorado Floods" and sent to:
The Salvation Army
P.O. Box 60006
Prescott, AZ 86304
In--kind donations are not currently being accepted outside the disaster area. However, these gifts are vitally important to your local Salvation Army. To give items locally, visit www.SATruck.com or call 1-800-SA-TRUCK.
About The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army, an evangelical part of the universal Christian church established in London in 1865, has been supporting those in need in His name without discrimination for more than 130 years in the United States. Nearly 30 million Americans receive assistance from The Salvation Army each year through the broadest array of social services that range from providing food for the hungry, relief for disaster victims, assistance for the disabled, outreach to the elderly and ill, clothing and shelter to the homeless and opportunities for underprivileged children. 82 cents of every dollar The Salvation Army spends is used to support those services in 5,000 communities nationwide. For more information, go to www.salvationarmyusa.org
9/17/2013 Salvation Army Serves more than 10,000 meals, Drinks, Nutritional items in Relief of Colorado Flooding
5/21/2013 Salvation Army Provides Assistance to areas in Oklahoma following Tornado devastation
4/16/2013 Salvation Army to Provide Assistance Following Boston Marathon Explosions
11/01/2012 Salvation Army Focuses on Feeding and Shelter as Sandy Response Continues
05/20/2011 Kroc Center Receives $22,000 in funding for its Healthy Home Project
05/09/2011 All About Health Fair at The Salvation Army Kroc Center
03/07/2011 Robotics Championship Held at The Salvation Army Kroc Center
02/28/2011 Kroc Center Adult Basic Education Class
12/21/2010 Kroc Center Announces Construction of New Locker Room
12/2/2010 Jeff Garcia Donates $10,000 to The Salvation Army Kroc Center
07/21/2010 Kroc Center New Home for Nighthawks
06/08/2010 UFL and The Salvation Army Kroc Center Announce Partnership
11/10/2009 Kroc Center Recognized by MOTAC
11/06/2009 $70M Community Center In South Omaha Boasts Variety
11/06/2009 New South Omaha Kroc Center Is Complete
10/22/2009 New Center Benefits Community
10/21/2009 Move-in Begings at Kroc Center
10/20/2009 Kroc Corps Community Center - Opening Soon
09/09/2009 Membership Rates Unveiled
08/31/2009 Popsicles in the Park
08/05/2009 The Salvation Army & Firefighters Fundraiser Event
07/01/2009 New Website Launch
03/12/2009 Omaha Kroc Center on Schedule
05/07/2010 Free Passes to Fun at the Kroc Center
11/02/2009 Salvation Army Marches to New Quarters
11/02/2009 Kroc Center Spot - Spanish (Sound Only)
10/22/2009 New Center Benefits Community
10/21/2009 Move-in begins at Kroc center