Located on 15.42 acres, the 122,000 square-foot Salvation Army Kroc Center is the only community center of its kind in Omaha. It's a place where people young and old have opportunities to learn and grow, to build dreams and friendships, and to find hope in a safe, warm and welcoming environment. From first-time swimmers to experienced athletes, The Omaha Kroc Center has something for you and your family.
The Competition or Lap Pool as its more commonly known has a water surface of 3,433 sq. ft. with 128,574 gallons of water and a bather-load of 196 people.
• The competition pool has 6 lanes and is 25 yards in length. The shallow end of the pool is 3’ deep and the deep end of the pool is 7’ deep.
• Water temperature is approximately 82º.
The Recreation Pool has a water surface area of 4,321 sq. ft. and holds 81,877 gallons of water with a bather load of 288 people. The recreation pool includes a lazy river, water slides, zero entry area, water toys, and a volleyball net.
• Water temperature is approximately 87º.
VIEW THE POOL SCHEDULE >>
• There are 6 Family Changing Rooms for adults 18+ and parents/guardians with children.
• Men’s and Women’s locker rooms include individual shower stalls, toilet stalls, and sinks.
CARDIO EQUIPMENT & WEIGHT ROOM
The Kroc's 14, 253 sq. ft. combined fitness areas include over 88 pieces of top of the line cardiovascular equipment, LifeFitness® Strength Training Machines and Free Weights.
• Featured classes such as Weights 4 Women and Kroc IE for kids help everyone learn safe and effective ways to build strength.
• All Kroc members ages 5-30 can participate in FREE FitnessGram® testing. This national standard computerized system tracks your progress and gives you results to take to your physician.
GROUP EXERCISE STUDIOS
Our group exercise studio, dance studio and cycling classroom host a variety of more than 30 weekly drop-in classes including Zumba®, Rockin' Ropes, POUND®, Yoga, kids exercise classes, and more.
To get our members started on the right track we offer 2 FREE fitness coaching sessions and an Equipment Orientation.
JOYCE MAMMEL ASSEMBLY HALL
has a theater-style setting with a large stage area (1,540 sq. ft., 70' x 22') a balcony and seating capacity of 525 (400 main floor, 125 balcony). The Assembly Hall has the ability to hold small to medium performance events, music concerts, and theater productions.
• The Assembly Hall's acoustic layout was designed by the Omaha architectural firm HDR, Inc. who also designed the Holland Performing Arts Center.
• The Kroc also has two ADA Compliant Dressing Rooms.
Kroc Church is held every Sunday. Family Fellowship starts at 10:15am, Main Worship service starts at 11am.
• Everyone is welcome. Come together and worship with a blend of contemporary music, classic hymns and stories of encouragement.
THE GAME ROOM
The Game Room is open to any member of The Kroc Center, as well as Day Pass users. It’s a great spot to hang out with friends after school, or to have some fun with your family.
• Kids of all ages are welcome in The Game Room
• Youth must be 8 or older to be in the Game Room without a supervising adult.
At 17,041 sq. ft., the gym was designed to be used for a variety of sports, activities and events and is home to 2 full-size courts and one Indoor Turf Arena.
• Soccer, Basketball, Volleyball, Wrestling, Flag Football, Archery, and Golf are just a few of the sports available.
OUTDOOR TURF FIELD COMPLEX
• The Sports Fields Complex contains one large full-size outdoor turf field (190' x 374' | 71,060sq. ft.) and one junior grass field (190' x 374' | 25,460sq. ft.). The fields can be converted into four to six youth-size fields and used for multiple sports.
• A wonderful new addition to the Kroc Center in 2013, the Indoor Field hosts leagues for soccer and flag football.
• The Indoor Turf Field is free to members, an additional $3 fee is charged for access for non-members. (In addition to the standard drop-in fee of $7/adults and $5/youth)
A variety of education classes for all ages take place in The Kroc classrooms, including Dance classes, Music classes, Taekwondo classes and Life Skill classes on topics like nutrition, financial planning, literacy, parenting and more.
• Eight large classrooms have the flexibility to be divided in half into 16 smaller classrooms.
ART AND POTTERY STUDIOS
Creative Arts are important at all stages of life and they're alive and well at The Kroc in our Art Studio and Pottery Studio.
• Check the current Drop-In Schedule for Open Art Studio Hours
The Kroc Center's computer lab has 40 computers and is open for walk-in use during posted hours.
THE SALVATION ARMY
RAY & JOAN KROC CORPS COMMUNITY CENTER
SEND US A NOTE